HSE career development is second to none. So, when it comes to growth,, you can expect everything you need, with learning and development tailored to your role. We also offer a – not to mention a wide range of attractive benefits.
Access to the Civil Service pension scheme is a valuable part of your total reward package. It’s a highly competitive contributory pension scheme that you can enter as soon as you join. We make a generous 27% contribution – far more than you will find in the private sector – and yours are taken before tax.
Visit www.civilservicepensions.org.uk for more details.
Generous leave allowance
Annual leave of 25 days, increasing to 30 days after 5 years service. This is in addition to public holidays and one further paid privilege day to mark the Queen’s Birthday
As well as encouraging inclusion and diversity, we’ve built a culture that promotes flexibility and wellbeing. Our family-friendly policies and working hours help you balance your home life and your career, and our wellbeing policies are designed to support you both at home and at work. These include :
- The option to work occasionally from home
- Flexible working patterns (role dependent)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Service
- Parent and carer leave
- At least 5 days training a year
- Volunteer days
- My Lifestyle portal for staff discounts and benefits
- Access to diversity and inclusion networks
Parental leave benefits
Generous paid maternity and paternity leave which is notably more than the statutory minimum offered by many other employers:
- Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid.
- Paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay.
The reassurance of Occupational Sick pay is valuable if you are unable to work.